This should be my life

Today I asked myself what is the most important thing in my life? It is a familiar question but finding the best answer is so important because this answer will determine your priorities, choices, goals and plans otherwise your life is just hanging around with no clear purpose or principles.


The first idea that came to my mind is to be happy, but wait a minuet I recognize this voice, I usually hear it while I am hungry or tired. Yeah! it is the voice of the natural human living within me. Happiness can't be a reason for living otherwise I will be so self-centered and greedy. Happiness supposed to be a result of achieving a higher goal. But what is a good target? How about the challenge to work as hard as possible to achieve my targets lets say success, money, power or even competing with others to be a better person. No way, I still have the same problem, this also sounds even more selfish


Since my first two guesses were self-centered, I started to look around me and realized I am a social creature and I should have a positive impact on humanity. This is my target; to give pleasure to the people around me. At least I may have few people with good memories at my funeral. But wait a minuet, how about me? Where will I be during my funeral? How did I forget that? How about God? He should be a part of my plan; I should please him to secure my place in heaven. Given the much longer eternal life compared to my few years on earth the following question should have been by far more critical: How to please God and make him loves me so that I can be invited to heaven? How about doing good deeds? It is even compatible with my previously stated target to make people happy.


But from the Bible there are two facts that changed my plan. God already loves me, he even died on a cross for my sins, and without faith it is impossible to please God. As a born again christian my target is to live the eternal life every day, Jesus said “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent” John 17:3. Then here is my real and eternal target is to know God and to make sure that I love him even more everyday. Jesus said the first and greatest commandment is to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37

But how about people? And what I said about being a social creature? Jesus said “And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.”Mathew 22 39 Like what the four men with leprosy said in 2 kings 7:9 “We're not doing right. This is a day of good news and we are keeping it to ourselves. If we wait until daylight, punishment will overtake us. Let's go at once and report this to the royal palace.”

GO! AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS” Jesus. This should be my life.

Comments

H.N.Sadik said…
Great analytial article, yea if we are targeting happiness or any selfesh goal we are missing the main target which comes from him that is life , way and truth

Popular posts from this blog

God is faithful

How to deal with healthcare burdens